Arnold S. Barron
DIRECTOR SINCE MARCH 2008
Mr. Barron served as the Senior Executive Vice President, Group President of The TJX Companies, Inc. from 2004 until his retirement in January 2009. His employment with The TJX Companies began in 1979.
PREVIOUS WORK AND BOARD EXPERIENCE
• 2000 to 2004: Executive Vice President, Chief Operating Officer, The Marmaxx Group (the combined entity of T.J. Maxx and Marshalls)
• 1996 to 2000: Senior Vice President, Group Executive, The TJX Companies
• 1993 to 1996: Senior Vice President, General Merchandising Manager, T.J. Maxx
• 1979 to 1993: held several other executive positions within The TJX Companies, Inc.
• 2009 to 2013: served as a director on the Board of rue21 (Chair of the Compensation Committee, Chair of the Corporate Governance and Nominating Committee)
• Received a B.A. in Mathematics from Boston University.
• With more than thirty years of retail experience in senior management, operations, merchandising, supply chain, strategic planning, human resources and systems in the United States, Canada, United Kingdom and Europe, Mr. Barron brings a combination of skills and experience spanning areas key to our business.