DIRECTOR SINCE JUNE 2004
Mr. Sasser is the Executive Chairman of Dollar Tree Board of Directors. He previously served as the Chief Executive Officer of Dollar Tree from 2004 to September 2017.
PREVIOUS WORK AND BOARD EXPERIENCE
• 2004 to 2017: Chief Executive Officer, Dollar Tree
• 2004 to 2013: President and Chief Executive Officer, Dollar Tree
• 2001 to 2003: President and Chief Operating Officer, Dollar Tree
• 1999 to 2000: Chief Operating Officer, Dollar Tree
• 1997 to 1998: Senior Vice President, Merchandise and Marketing, Roses Stores, Inc.
• 1994 to 1996: Vice President, General Merchandise Manager, Michaels Stores, Inc.
• Prior to 1994: Managed areas of increasing responsibility, primarily at Roses Stores, Inc. in field operations, corporate sales promotion and marketing, buying, global sourcing, merchandising and executive management.
• 2012 to 2016: Board Member (Audit Committee), Fresh Market, Inc.
• Mr. Sasser graduated with a BS in Marketing from Florida State University.
Mr. Sasser’s demonstration of outstanding leadership skills, business acumen, commitment to excellence, and his major contributions to the Company’s growth and success as the former Chief Executive Officer of Dollar Tree provides essential insight and guidance to our Board. During his thirteen year tenure as Chief Executive Officer, shareholder value increased 733%, as compared to the S&P 500 increase of 125% during the same timeframe. In addition, the Board benefits from Mr. Sasser’s forty‑eight years of discount retail leadership experience across all areas of corporate and field operations, including merchandising, marketing, sales promotion, advertising, branding, and customer engagement. He brings to the Board expertise in the areas of merchandising, global sourcing, supply chain, buying, allocation and replenishment, real estate and retail technology.