Lemuel E. Lewis
DIRECTOR SINCE JULY 2007
Mr. Lewis served as the Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer of Landmark Communications, Inc. from 2000 until his retirement in 2006. He currently serves on the Board of Directors of Markel Corporation (Audit Committee, Chair).
PREVIOUS WORK AND BOARD EXPERIENCE
• 1981 to 2000: held various senior level positions, including President of The News Channel 5 Network from 1992 to 1999, and President of KLAS TV from 1986 to 1990
• 2011 to 2019: Director, Owens & Minor, Inc. (Audit Committee Chair from 2014-2019)
• 2008 to 2010: Chair of the Board of the Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond
• 2005 to 2008: Chair of the Audit Committee for the Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond
• 2006 to 2008: Director, Board of Landmark Communications
• 2002 to 2006: Director, Board of The Weather Network
• Mr. Lewis graduated with a B.A. in Economics from the University of Virginia and an MBA from the University of Virginia Darden School of Business.
• Mr. Lewis brings to the Board many years of experience in accounting, finance, human resources, marketing, mergers and acquisitions and business unit operations. The Board also benefits from his valuable financial experience as a former Chief Financial Officer and his service on the Board of the Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond. In addition, our Board has determined that Mr. Lewis qualifies as an Audit Committee financial expert.