Thomas W. Dickson
DIRECTOR SINCE DECEMBER 2018
Mr. Dickson served as the Chief Executive Officer of Harris Teeter Supermarkets, Inc., a leading regional supermarket chain located primarily in the Southeastern and Mid‑Atlantic United States, from February 1997 until his retirement in January 2014. He currently serves on the Board of Brixmor Property Group, Inc. where he is a member of the Compensation Committee.
PREVIOUS WORK AND BOARD EXPERIENCE
• February 1996 to February 1997: Executive Vice President, Harris Teeter
• February 1994 to February 1996: President of American & Efird, Inc., a wholly‑owned subsidiary of Harris Teeter
• February 1991 to February 1994: Executive Vice President, American & Efird, Inc.
• 1989 to 1991: Senior Vice President, Marketing and International, American & Efird, Inc.
• 1987 to 1989: Vice President, International Operations, American & Efird, Inc.
• December 2016 to September 2018: Board of Directors of Conagra Brands, Inc. (Nominating, Governance and Public Affairs Committee)
• March 2016 to June 2017: Board of Directors of CST Brands, Inc. (Nominating and Corporate Governance)
• April 2014 to March 2015: Chair of the Board of The Pantry, Inc.
• March 2006 to January 2014: Chair of the Board of Harris Teeter
• Mr. Dickson graduated with a B.A. from the University of Virginia and an MBA from the University of Virginia Darden School of Business.
• Mr. Dickson brings to our Board more than thirty years of executive leadership with extensive experience in the retail and consumer products industries, a broad real estate knowledge, and substantial public board experience. He also brings extensive knowledge in strategic planning and international experience in managing foreign operations and sourcing.