Thomas E. Whiddon
DIRECTOR SINCE DECEMBER 2003
Nominating, Governance and Sustainability Committee
Mr. Whiddon retired from Berkshire Partners, LLC as an Advisory Director in 2013. He currently serves on the Board of Directors of Sonoco Products Company, Inc., (Audit Committee Chair, Corporate Governance and Nominating Committee, Executive Compensation Committee).
PREVIOUS WORK AND BOARD EXPERIENCE
• 2005 to 2013: Advisory Director, Berkshire Partners, LLC
• 2004 to 2006: Interim Executive Operating Roles, Berkshire Partners, LLC
• 2000 to 2003: Executive Vice President of Logistics and Technology, Lowe’s Companies, Inc.
• 1996 to 2000: Executive Vice President, and Chief Financial Officer, Lowe’s Companies, Inc.
• 1994 to 1996: Chief Financial Officer and Treasurer, Zale Corporation
• 1986 to 1993: Treasurer, Eckerd Corporation
• 1984 to 1986: Tax Partner, KPMG
• 2003 to 2020: Board of Directors of Carter’s, Inc. (Audit Committee)
• Mr. Whiddon graduated with a BS from the University of Alabama.
• Having served as Chief Financial Officer and Treasurer of successful large public retail companies, coupled with his many years of experience in public accounting, Mr. Whiddon brings to our Board extensive financial expertise. In addition, our Board has determined that Mr. Whiddon qualifies as an Audit Committee financial expert. His service on the Board and a number of Committees of Sonoco Products Company, Inc. and his prior experience on the Board and Audit Committee of Carters, Inc. further enhances his contributions to our Board. He also brings a fresh perspective to Dollar Tree’s logistics and technology focus.